Bordeaux to Burgundy, Wines of France Tour
Begin your discovery of French wines in a traditional wine bar where you'll whet your palate with two classic white wines. Let your guide explain the art of dégustation, or tasting, and discover the important role wines have played in France's history and culture. Next, visit a charming Parisian bistro where you will try two French red wines over a platter of fromage or charcuterie and practice the skill of matching food and wines. Appreciate the flavors the right accompaniment can bring out of your wine as your guide discusses the fascinating influences of terroir. Conclude your tour with a visit to a local wine cellar where you'll put to use the invaluable information you've learned. As your browse the selection you'll learn how to interpret French wine labels and discuss the current trends in French winemaking.
The Bordeaux to Burgundy, Wines of France tour provides several wine samples in a wine bar, a bistro, and a wine cave in the 12th arrondissement of Paris. The tour costs €80 per person plus an additional €20 per person for delightful wine tastings throughout the tour. A personalized, private walking tour with only your party’s inclusion can be organized for €345 plus all additional costs. If your party longs to learn about a particular wine region or less common wines, you can request this in your online bookings; that way, your tour guide can focus the tour around your specifications.
- The tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours and commences rain or shine. The tour guide may alter the course and venues in relation to the weather; however, please dress accordingly.
- This tour usually runs every Thursday and Saturday. No tours are scheduled on French National holidays.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- 85% refund for any tour cancellation made forty-eight hours or more prior to the tour.
- If you are running late to your tour, call the emergency number. Otherwise, the tour may leave without you, thus leaving you with a non-refundable, missed tour.
- MEETING POINT:
- 12th district of Paris, near the Aligre Market
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Please note any and all food or drink intolerances in the notes section while booking your tour.