Chartres, the Jewel of Gothic Cathedrals Tour
Arrive in the picturesque town of Chartres and follow the footsteps of many pilgrims from centuries past to explore the beauty of this medieval cathedral. Discover the fascinating sculpted images that adorn the three entrances as testament to the prestigious Chartres School that once taught students from across Europe in the liberal arts. Enter the realm of colored light within the towering walls and marvel at the most spectacular display of stained glass in all of France. Listen as your guide discusses the varied themes depicted in this beautiful medium, from saints and craftsmen to zodiac signs and biblical symbols. While the Chartres Cathedral is more than enough justification to make the trip from Paris, the charming town of Chartres is well worth exploring once your tour of this magnificent building has come to an end.
- Chartres, the Jewel of Gothic Cathedrals tour is €110 per person plus an additional €32 per person for train tickets for Chartres.
- A personalized, private walking tour with only your party’s inclusion is €495 plus all additional train ticket fees.
- The tour provides a personalized journey to the quintessential French town of Chartres and its historical, gothic cathedral.
- The tour lasts approximately 4 hours, and commences rain or shine. Dress accordingly!
- This tour usually runs every Monday and Wednesday. No tours are scheduled on French National holidays.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- 85% refund for any tour cancellation made forty-eight hours or more prior to the tour.
- If you are running late to your tour, call the emergency number. Otherwise, the tour may leave without you, thus leaving you with a non-refundable, missed tour.
- MEETING POINT:
- Montparnasse train station