Baguette to Bistro: Culinary Traditions of Paris Walking Tour
The traditional fare of Paris is considered the height of sophistication world-wide and this three hour walking tour will take you behind the scenes to meet with the locals who specialize in producing it. Wander along the Left Bank of Paris with your expert guide and discover the reason for the international acclaim of French cuisine. Indulge yourself with some mouth-watering chocolate made from roasted Equatorial cocoa beans at one of Paris' finest chocolatiers. Tempt your taste buds with the traditional French delicacy of foie gras at the store of an award-winning purveyor. Enjoy the simple pleasure of a crusty baguette and learn about the aging process of French cheeses. Appreciate the distinct flavor of Armagnac in a family owned wine store as you discuss the finer points of French wines and spirits. Leave with a deeper knowledge and understanding of the Parisian culinary traditions and a more refined taste for the delicacies this beautiful city has on offer.
This tour provides a leisurely stroll through many of the Left Bank’s most dynamic butcher shops, bakeries, restaurants, and brasseries; each tour follows a different route and features exclusive, personalized knowledge from your guide. The Culinary Traditions of Paris tour costs €80 per person plus an additional €15 per person for delightful food tastings throughout the tour. A personalized, private walking tour with only your party’s inclusion is €345 plus all additional costs.
- The tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours and commences rain or shine. The tour guide may alter the course and venues in relation to the weather; however, please dress accordingly.
- This tour usually runs every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. No tours are scheduled between 26/07/2015 and 26/08/2015, nor on French National holidays.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- 85% refund for any tour cancellation made forty-eight hours or more prior to the tour.
- If you are running late to your tour, call the emergency number. Otherwise, the tour may leave without you, thus leaving you with a non-refundable, missed tour.
- The tour operator remains responsible for all walking tour activities and over-all quality; however, they are not responsible for any exterior issues regarding venue closures.
- MEETING POINT:
- Left Bank of Paris. As the route may differ depending on the groups preferences the exact meeting point will be available when the tour is booked
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Please note any and all food or drink intolerances in the notes section when booking your tour.