French Revolution Walking Tour
Walk down the very streets where the violent clashes of the French Revolution once raged as your guide explains the history and helps you understand the significance of this important historical period. Learn about Georges Danton, the revolutionary hero who led his people to victory over the corrupt monarchy. Wander through the same expansive Tuileries Gardens where Marie-Antoinette once spent her days while under surveillance. Visit the Conciergerie prison on the banks of the Seine where King Louis XVI and his Marie-Antoinette were once held prisoner. Stroll through the Place de la Concorde, the square where the king and queen later lost their heads. Finally, end your walk through history in a chic Parisian café with further discussion about the events that took place in the sites you've just visited.
- The French Revolution Walking Tour is €20 per person.
- The tour features several important French Revolution highlights including: discussion of the great history of Bastille prison, the history and imprisonment of Marie Antoinette and her husband, King Louis XVI, as well as the guillotine of countless Frenchmen. The tour will also include views of the Tuileries garden, the Place de la Concorde, where the guillotine took place, the home of Voltaire, and the statue of revolutionary leader, Georges Danton.
- The tour runs rain or shine so please dress accordingly. Parisian weather can sometimes be unpredictable.
- Mar 1 - Mar 31: Sat @ 2:00pm
- Apr 1 - Sep 30: Tue, Sat @ 2:00pm
- Oct 1 - Oct 31: Sat @ 2:00pm
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- We offer 100% refunds if the reservation is canceled more than 72 hours (3 days) prior to the scheduled tour.
- We do not offer refunds for any reason once within 72 hours of the scheduled tour.
- MEETING POINT:
- Your tour meets at the métro station exit Les Invalides (line 8, line 13) on street level.
- If you are arriving via the RER C exit walk with your back to the river past the Air France building towards the park. The first main road is Rue de L’Université. You’ll see the metro sign in front of you on the right. The street address is 105 Rue de l’Université on the corner of Rue de Constantine.
- Your guide will be holding a sign with a bicycle logo on it
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to tour departure. Once the tour has begun we do not have the ability to wait for and add late arrivals to the tour.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- All of our tours operate rain or shine.
- While we will maintain a leisurely pace, please note that this tours last for 2 hours. The total distance covered is 2.3 miles/3.7 kilometeres. Wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather.