Gardens of Paris
Join your knowledgeable guide and begin your exploration of Paris' most beautiful gardens in the famous Tuileries Garden. Designed by the renowned landscape architect, Andre le Notre, under directions from Queen Catherine de' Medici, these manicured lawns have been the leisurely retreat of Parisian royalty and peasants alike for centuries. As you stroll through this expansive park your guide will tell you of its colorful past, which is matched only by the vivid flowerbeds adorning the many paths and lawns. Cross the famous Rue de Rivoli to the gardens of the Palais Royal, where your guide will cover more recent history and the controversial installations of the French artist Daniel Buren. As you wander these picturesque gardens, discuss the importance of art and public spaces and discover the role they've played throughout Paris' colorful history.
The Gardens of Paris tour provides extensive knowledge of the historical Parisian gardens; it features the Tuileries Garden and the Palais Royal courtyard. Tour prices are €70 perperson and €285 for a private party.
- The tour lasts approximately 2 hours, and will commence rain or shine. Dress accordingly! Please remember that much of this tour is walking-intensive; wear your walking shoes.
- Runs every Wednesday and Sunday as of 01/04/2015. No tours are scheduled between 29/11/2015 and 01/04/2016, nor on French National holidays.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- 85% refund for any tour cancellation made forty-eight hours or more prior to the tour.
- If you are running late to your tour, call the emergency number. Otherwise, the tour may leave without you, thus leaving you with a non-refundable, missed tour.
- MEETING POINT:
- Palais Royal, Tuileries Garden