The Cluny Museum: Treasures of Medieval Art and Architecture
The Cluny Museum was a gothic residence built in the 15th century and is now home to one of Paris' finest collections of medieval artifacts. Begin your journey back in time in the courtyard of gothic mansion where your guide will discuss the significance of the building's architecture. Make your way towards the ancient Roman baths and see the original façade of the Notre Dame, as well as fragments of old Saint-Chapelle stained glass. Journey through the middle ages of Paris' history as your guide helps you analyze the artifacts on display and the historical context of the influencing religion, education, music, games, and intellectual pursuits of the time.
The tour features the Cluny Museum’s exterior and interior and understanding of medieval art and its historical context. Tour price is €75 per person or €315 per party plus additional fees for entrance into the cathedral.
- The tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours.
- This tour usually runs every Monday and Friday. No tours are scheduled on French National holidays.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- 85% refund for any tour cancellation made forty-eight hours or more prior to the tour.
- If you are running late to your tour, call the emergency number. Otherwise, the tour may leave without you, thus leaving you with a non-refundable, missed tour.
- MEETING POINT:
- Near the Cluny Museum. The nearest metro station is Cluny - La Sorbonne.