2 remodeled bathrooms with showers and sinks; separate toilet
Long balcony with Champ-de-Mars and Eiffel Tower views, with space for a bistro table and chairs
Fully furnished and equipped
Kitchen with granite countertops, high-end appliances
Dining room, which can be closed off or opened up to the living room
6th floor North American floor, 5th floor France
Full-size washer and dryer
58.89 square meters / 633.89 square feet
7 building floors
Luminous Apartment With Balcony And Dreamy Eiffel Tower Views
FOR SALE AT €1,190,000
Fulfill your dreams of a Paris pied-à-terre with this elegant one-and-a-half bedroom apartment with a sought-after balcony from which you can gaze at the Eiffel Tower. A beautifully furnished and fully equipped apartment, it is located in the most stylish 7th arrondissement location.
Just a block from the iconic Eiffel Tower, this extraordinary one-and-a-half-bedroom apartment in this upscale, central neighborhood is a perfect home away from home in Paris.
A star attraction is the extra-long balcony that runs the full length of the living and dining rooms, flooding both with sunshine and views through the classic French doors. The balcony is wide enough for a bistro table and chairs for enjoying breakfast outdoors by day or sipping Champagne with views to your right of the sparkling Eiffel Tower by night. Balconies are an extremely rare feature in Paris, because in most Haussmannian buildings, the balcony iexists only on the 5th floor (6th floor North American).
Unlike many Parisian apartments, there are no apartments across the street directly facing it which ensures privacy. Instead, the building across the street is a turn-of-the-century school with a low terra cotta tile roof so no one is peering into the apartment and your view of Paris is unblocked. The apartment is easily accessed by elevator.
The living and dining areas are south-facing, which provides luminosity by day. Completely furnished and totally equipped it is located steps from the Champ-de-Mars gardens, between the elegant Avenue de la Bourdonnais and Avenue Rapp, two of the most desirable and storied streets in Paris. We love the sunny views through to the trees and gardens surrounding the Eiffel Tower – which will become an even larger green space thanks to the exciting plans to expand the garden in time for the 2024 Olympic Games.
Easily accessed by elevator, the apartment sits on the fifth French floor (sixth North American) and is south facing, so it is filled with light all day. The large open-plan living room and dining area provide plenty of room to relax and entertain. Two large French doors usher in natural light and open up to the long balcony, which offers unobstructed views to the Champ-de-Mars gardens in one direction and Jules Lavirotte’s famous Art Nouveau building in the other. The apartment is located off Avenue de la Bourdonnais and Avenue Rapp, two of the most desirable and storied streets in Paris’ exclusive and safe 7th arrondissement. While enjoying this central location, the apartment is remarkably quiet.
The large living room can easily be converted to an additional sleeping space with the high-quality trundle sofa bed that converts to two single beds. The pocketed sliding doors effortlessly separate the living and dining rooms offering guests added privacy.
The updated kitchen, with high-quality appliances and granite countertops, makes dining in your home a pleasure. The kitchen can be closed off with sliding doors. For entertaining, the large dining room table has enough space for six, but can easily accommodate more.
The tranquil master bedroom is located in the back of the apartment and overlooks a quiet courtyard through large, double-glazed windows to ensure a good night's sleep. It features a remodeled ensuite bathroom, tiled in fine mosaic glass tiles from Italy, complete with an enclosed shower and sink.
The half-bedroom is multi-purpose: it is a study/den that easily converts to the second sleeping area. It has a cleverly designed bed that can be effortlessly raised up to the ceiling with counterweight engineering when not in use. This appealing and flexible feature provides a dedicated work-from-home space or a convenient double bed for extra guests.
The two recently remodeled bathrooms with showers and sinks (one ensuite) and a separate toilet ensure convenience and 'getting ready' space for all.
The popular rue Cler, with its cafés, brasseries, open-air food market and gourmet stores, is a short stroll from the apartment, as are the shops and boutiques along rue Saint-Dominique and rue de Grenelle. The American Library, Eiffel Tower, Champ-de-Mars garden, Musée du quai Branly and Seine are all mere steps away from the apartment. A compelling feature of the location is the American Library, which is literally next door. It’s a wonderful place to attend talks by authors and local expats – or simply a quiet place to read or work. Even Parisians envy the proximity of the location to countless iconic and Michelin-recognized restaurants within a three-block radius and along rue Saint-Dominique and the Fontaine de Mars.
Just across the Seine, in the 8th and 16th arrondissements, is a bounty of Paris attractions. Museum lovers will relish the proximity to Palais de Tokyo, Musée Cernuschi, Palais Galliera, Cité de l’architecture and Musée national d'Histoire naturelle. The famous Champs-Elysées and glamorous Avenue Montaigne are a short stroll for shoppers. Another wonderful feature of this location is the close proximity to buses which will take you directly to major destinations in Paris – Opéra, Saint-Germain, Marais, avenue Montaigne, Place de la Concorde, the Louvre, etc. Enjoy lovely long walks to discover beautiful neighborhoods, shops, bistros and cafés, then stroll home to your welcoming nest in Paris. Truly, the best of Paris awaits, with this apartment as your home base.
- 1.5 bedroom – half bedroom with retractable bed can be an office/study
- 2 bathrooms, each with a shower and sink; 1 separate toilet
- Long balcony off the living and dining rooms, with space for a bistro table and chairs
- Views of the Eiffel Tower, Champ-de-Mars gardens, the famous Lavirotte Art Nouveau building on avenue Rapp, Parisian rooftops and beautiful Haussmannien buildings
- Tall French windows in the living and dining rooms offer plenty of natural light
- Kitchen with dishwasher, full-size refrigerator, oven, four-burner cooktop, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, pots, pans, dishes
- Full-size washer and dryer
- Mobile air conditioning
- From the street, there are two doors that require security codes
- Intercom for guests downstairs to call the apartment from which you can press the button to allow them entry through the second door
- Sold fully furnished and completely equipped
- New parquet wood flooring
- Remodeled bathrooms
- Basement storage room (cave)
- Perfect location in the sought-after and stylish 7th neighborhood, a short stroll to the rue Cler open-air market, Champ-de-Mars gardens, Eiffel Tower and the Seine River
SALES PRICE: €1,190,000
Left bank, heart of the 7th arrondissement. Staying in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Paris means everything. The vacation apartment is surrounded by caf�s, shops, restaurants and open markets; it retains its original village feel.
Views from the Apartment
- Incredible view of the neighborhood from the balcony of our vacation rental in Paris. Look right to see the Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars Park from the balcony.
In the Neighborhood
- The Seine River is three blocks away and right near where the famous Bateaux Mouches boat tours begin.
- Open Markets: Rue Cler is five blocks away (8 min walk), one of the best and most famous streets for food in Paris. Pont de l'Alma is a 5 minutes walk and has the largest open market in Paris every Saturday morning. Merchants come from the country with wines, fruits, vegetables, flowers, fish, pâtés, breads, even five types of escargots!
- Rodin Museum (22 min walk)
- Golden dome of the Invalides (18 min walk), where Napoléon is buried, along with surrounding park.
- You are surrounded by restaurants that local Parisians go to, cafés, bistros and shops.
- The location is one of the best in Paris: 3-minute walk to the river; 18 minutes to the Invalides; 10 minutes to the Trocadéro; the Grand Palais and the couturier's on Ave. Montaigne, the Four Seasons George V for tea or 3-star dining; 15-minute walk to the Champs Elysées; 20-minute walk to Place de la Concorde and the Bon Marché department store.
- One block to the Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars. The Champ de Mars Park is a rare bonus in Paris as there are few large parks in the center of the city. Walk, run, play in 1 of 3 playgrounds, basketball court, go to the puppet theater or just sit and enjoy. Nearby skating and bike rental are fun activities in the park, especially after strenuous site seeing. The apartment is next to the American Library, an institution in Paris, and across from an old elementary school built at the turn-of-the-century.
- We leave several Paris guidebooks and other information on the neighborhood for you to peruse during your stay.
Public Transport in the Area
- Metro: Ecole Militaire (10 min walk)
- Pont de l'Alma RER (10 min walk)
- Bus: Catch the 42, 69 and 87 at the main bus stop at avenue Joseph Bouvard (3 min). There are also other stops along rue Saint Dominique and avenue de la Bourdonnais.
The large living room opens up to the balcony.
Eiffel Tower view from the long balcony
The spacious living room is perfect for entertaining.
Enjoy breakfast on the long balcony with views of the Champ-de-Mars and Eiffel Tower.
The open living and dining rooms lead to the balcony.
The living and dining rooms can be separated by sliding doors.
View of the Eiffel Tower from the balcony.
The apartment faces south, which ensures natural light all day.
An antique chimney adds character to the dining room.
View from the dining room to the living room.
Slide the doors for additional privacy in the dining room.
Enjoy views of beautiful Haussmann buildings from the living and dining rooms.
The kitchen sits just off from the dining room.
Fully equipped kitchen with plenty of natural light.
A handy demi-lune kitchen counter provides additional work space.
In the back of the apartment is the bedroom.
The bedroom overlooks a quiet courtyard.
Antique nightstands add character to the bedroom.
Versatile study/half bedroom is an ideal home office. It has ample light and quiet as it overlooks the building courtyard.
The perfect place to work from home or host extra guests.
The study/half-bedroom has a smart bed, an excellent piece of French engineering. With hidden weighted pullies, it is easily pulled from the ceiling to transform the study into a bedroom!
Renovated spacious bathroom with enclosed shower.
Shower in the ensuite bathroom.
The separate toilet includes a sink.
Living room sofa is a high-quality trundle that converts to two single beds.
View of the apartment building from the street.
From the balcony is an unobstructed view of the Champ-de-Mars garden.
Location, location, location!