Taai Taai is a traditional cookie that is eaten during the Sinterklass, the most beloved of all Dutch holidays and traditions. Literally meaning “tough tough”, they are not easy to chew but they are guaranteed to speed up a visit from the tooth fairy if your children have wobbly teeth!
Nerissa, Reservations Manager
1 tablespoon syrup
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground aniseed
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Warm the honey in a pan and stir in the syrup. Remove from heat.
- Put the dry ingredients into the mix.
- Knead until it is quite stiff and roll out.
- Use a gingerbread man cutter to make dolls from the dough and place on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until light golden brown.