Wherever you will be celebrating Easter Sunday this coming weekend, we wish you a peaceful day together with family and friends! Easter dinner in France traditionally features lamb as the main course, and we recently spotted this delicious recipe for Sautéed Lamb Noisettes, ‘Maxim' Potatoes and Asparagus from Le Cordon Bleu. It features a lovely combination of tender lamb noisettes, the spring flavor of fresh asparagus and delicious potatoes prepared in the style of the famous Maxim's restaurant in Paris. It's the perfect recipe to bring a taste of French cooking to your Easter dinner table, whether you're celebrating Easter in Paris or around your home table. Happy Easter!
Sautéed Lamb Noisettes, “Maxim” Potatoes and Asparagus
Preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Ingredients:Lamb Noisettes
2 racks of lamb with 8 ribs or 1 x 1.2 kg saddle* or 8 × 60 – 80 g lamb noisettes
20 ml vegetable oil
salt, freshly ground pepper
1 rosemary sprig
1 garlic cloves, skin on“Maxim” style potatoes
500 g baking potatoes, washed
salt, freshly ground pepperSauce
100 ml white wine
500 ml veal or lamb stock
1 rosemary sprig
1 bunch green asparagus
red chard leaves
- Debone the lamb racks or saddle. Trim the fillets leaving a fine layer of firm white fat around the eye meat. If desired, the fat may be removed completely. Cut each fillet into 4 even pieces, to obtain 8 lamb noisettes. Secure each noisette with kitchen twine and refrigerate. The bones can be used to prepare a classic lamb stock or jus.
- Preheat the oven to 150?C.
- “Maxim” Potatoes: Peel the potatoes and slice 2 – 3 mm thick. Do not rinse or hold in water. Use the cutter to cut out 48 disks (12 per person). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange 12 disks in an overlapping symmetrical ring. Brush lightly with clarified butter. Repeat for each serving, cover with parchment paper, and place a baking sheet on top. Cook in oven for 30 minutes. Remove the baking sheet and parchment paper. Reduce oven heat to 120?C, and cook the potatoes until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Season.
- Increase the oven temperature to 180?C. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Season lamb. Place the lamb, rosemary and garlic cloves in the frying pan. Brown the noisettes on all sides, about 5 minutes. Discard rosemary, transfer lamb and garlic to a baking sheet. Roast in oven until cooked, about 5 to 10 minutes. Rest in a warm place.
- Sauce: Degrease the frying pan by blotting with absorbent kitchen paper. Add the white wine, reduce by two thirds. Add stock and rosemary; reduce until it coats the back of a spoon. Strain through a fine china cap sieve.
- Asparagus: Wash and trim asparagus spears. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and add a pinch of coarse salt. Blanch asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- To serve: Place asparagus in the center of the plate. Place 2 lamb noisettes on either side. Carefully cut the garlic skin to expose the clove and place on the lamb. Arrange the Maxim potatoes at an angle. Spoon some sauce over the lamb and around the plate and garnish with red chard leaves.
Joyeuses Pâques from all of us at Paris Perfect!