The Dutch girl in me would prefer apple sauce but my husband insists on the very English Bread Sauce! Enjoy!
Nerissa, Reservations Manager
400g good quality home made white breadcrumbs
500ml milk (full fat)
2 myrtle leaves
¼ teaspoon mace
2 teaspoons double cream
Steps on Christmas Eve
- Put the milk in the pan
- Peel the onion and cut the half in half again, stud with the cloves
- Add the onion, myrtle leaves and mace to the milk and bring almost to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add the bread crumbs and stir in and leave overnight.
Steps for Christmas Day
- Add some butter and cream and reheat just before serving
- Grate the fresh nutmeg over