The owner of The Gloucester apartment in London, a fabulous 4 bedroom rental in the heart of Kensington, has kindly shared her delicious recipe for Crostata di ciliege e ricotta (Cherry and ricotta tart). If you don't have time to make the pastry, you can cheat by using ready-made puff pastry from the store.
- 400g flour (about 3 ¼ cups)
- 200g butter room temperature (1 ¾ stick of butter)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 400g ricotta (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 300g cherries (about 10 ½ ounces)
- 150g sugar (about ¾ cup)
- 1 egg
- Grated zest of ½ a lemon
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Make pastry cover with cling film and leave to rest for half an hour in the fridge.
- Remove stones from the cherries and put them in a saucepan with 100g of sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Cook gently for 10 minutes then leave to cool.
- Beat together the ricotta, egg and lemon zest with the remaining sugar until a smooth creamy texture is obtained.
- Roll out ¾ of the pastry and line a buttered 23cm tart tin with it. Add the cherry mixture and then the ricotta mixture, level it out. Make strips from the remaining pastry and decorate the top with a criss cross of pastry strips.
- Bake in an oven set at 180C for 40/45 minutes.
- Leave to cool then put in fridge.
Don't forget to let us know what you thought of the recipe! We'd also love to see any pics of your creation so we can add them to the blog. Enjoy!
3 Responses to “Recipe for Cherry & Ricotta Tart”
I would love the measurements in U S as it would be great for an Italian party I am having. Thank you very much!
Hi Meredith, Thanks for your comment! I’ve just updated the blog post with the US measurement approximations. I hope it turns out beautifully for your Italian party!
Just wondering if I am supposed to put the ricotta mix on the bottom and the cherries on top like in the picture? Thank